MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, MetLife fell 28 cents (-0.9%) to $30.23 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5.9 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $30-$30.43 after having opened the day at $30.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.51. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Assured Guaranty ( AGO), down 6.7%, Radian Group ( RDN), down 4.7%, MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), down 4%, and Investors Title Company ( ITIC), down 4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.