Alexion Pharmaceuticals ( ALXN) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Alexion Pharmaceuticals fell 82 cents (-0.8%) to $100.43 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in price between $99.59-$102.17 after having opened the day at $101.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $101.25. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: K-V Pharmaceutical Company ( KV.B), down 16.9%, Amyris ( AMRS), down 12%, K-V Pharmaceutical Company ( KV.A), down 10%, and Savient Pharmaceuticals ( SVNT), down 9.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Alexion Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.