Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell 32 cents (-1%) to $31.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.7 million shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.05-$31.51 after having opened the day at $31.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.51. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Tronox ( TROX), down 17.6%, Cereplast ( CERP), down 13.2%, Kronos Worldwide ( KRO), down 8.6%, and Solazyme ( SZYM), down 6.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.