E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company ( DD) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company fell $1.43 (-2.9%) to $47.47 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9.3 million shares of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.40-$48.80 after having opened the day at $48.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.90. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Patriot Coal Corporation ( PCX), down 35.2%, James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 18.9%, Tronox ( TROX), down 17.6%, and Cereplast ( CERP), down 13.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full E.I. du Pont de Nemours Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.