Southern ( SO) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Southern rose 29 cents (0.6%) to $46.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.5 million shares of Southern exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.40-$46.86 after having opened the day at $46.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.54. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Delta Natural Gas Company ( DGAS), up 3.7%, Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), up 3.5%, American States Water ( AWR), up 1.9%, and RGC Resources ( RGCO), up 1.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Southern Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.