Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $1.24 (1.1%) to $117.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $116.37-$118.46 after having opened the day at $116.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $116.75. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Covenant Transportation Group ( CVTI), up 7.3%, USA Truck ( USAK), up 6.3%, Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), up 3.6%, and Central North Airport Group ( OMAB), up 3.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.