Netflix ( NFLX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Netflix rose $1.10 (1.3%) to $82.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6.1 million shares of Netflix exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of five million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $80.15-$84.19 after having opened the day at $82.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.89. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Birks & Mayors ( BMJ), up 14%, Hollywood Media Corporation ( HOLL), up 6.1%, Hibbett Sports ( HIBB), up 3.1%, and United Online ( UNTD), up 2.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Netflix Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.