Gap ( GPS) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Gap rose 31 cents (1.1%) to $28.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of Gap exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of seven million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.73-$28.33 after having opened the day at $27.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.88. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Birks & Mayors ( BMJ), up 14%, Teamstaff ( TSTF), up 13.7%, DLH Holdings ( DLHC), up 13.7%, and Willdan Group ( WLDN), up 11.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Gap Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.