Ventas ( VTR) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ventas rose 47 cents (0.7%) to $63.90 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $63.34-$63.99 after having opened the day at $63.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.43. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), up 8.4%, Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), up 8.3%, Elbit Imaging ( EMITF), up 8.3%, and Stratus Properties ( STRS), up 8.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.