Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.A) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway rose $1003.43 (0.8%) to $124901 on average volume. Throughout the day, 549 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $123629-$125475 after having opened the day at $123843 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $123897.57. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), up 8%, Homeowners Choice ( HCII), up 7.1%, 21st Century Holding Company ( TCHC), up 5.5%, and Triple-S Management Corporation ( GTS), up 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.