Amgen ( AMGN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Amgen rose 95 cents (1.3%) to $74.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.3 million shares of Amgen exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $73.78-$74.81 after having opened the day at $74.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.85. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Sunshine Heart ( SSH), up 93.4%, Amerigroup Corporation ( AGP), up 38%, Telik ( TELK), up 36.8%, and IsoRay ( ISR), up 21.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Amgen Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.