Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum rose 82 cents (1.3%) to $66.33 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.4 million shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.05-$66.58 after having opened the day at $65.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.51. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: WSP Holdings ( WH), up 12.8%, GeoMet ( GMET), up 6.7%, Midstates Petroleum ( MPO), up 6%, and New Concept Energy ( GBR), up 5.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Anadarko Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.