National Oilwell Varco ( NOV) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, National Oilwell Varco rose 33 cents (0.5%) to $66.99 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of National Oilwell Varco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $66.02-$67.31 after having opened the day at $66.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.66. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: WSP Holdings ( WH), up 12.8%, Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 11%, Ceres ( CERE), up 9.9%, and Lizhan Environmental ( LZEN), up 8.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full National Oilwell Varco Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.