Wells Fargo ( WFC) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Wells Fargo rose 21 cents (0.6%) to $33.26 on light volume. Throughout the day, 18.9 million shares of Wells Fargo exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 28.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.04-$33.57 after having opened the day at $33.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.05. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Plumas Bancorp ( PLBC), up 12.6%, Rurban Financial ( RBNF), up 12.4%, BCSB Bankcorp ( BCSB), up 8.9%, and Green Bankshares ( GRNB), up 7.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Wells Fargo Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.