CenterPoint Energy ( CNP) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, CenterPoint Energy rose 11 cents (0.5%) to $20.57 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of CenterPoint Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.29-$20.59 after having opened the day at $20.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.46. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Niska Gas Storage Partners ( NKA), up 2.8% and Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), up 2.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full CenterPoint Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.