LinkedIn ( LNKD) pushed the Internet industry higher today making it today's featured internet winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, LinkedIn rose 63 cents (0.6%) to $108.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $106.18-$109.20 after having opened the day at $107.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $108.24. Other companies within the Internet industry that increased today were: Synacor ( SYNC), up 12.7%, Jiayuan.com International Ltd ADR ( DATE), up 7.6%, China Finance Online ( JRJC), up 5%, and Crexendo ( EXE), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full LinkedIn Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.