Valero Energy Corporation ( VLO) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1%. By the end of trading, Valero Energy Corporation rose 15 cents (0.6%) to $24.56 on average volume. Throughout the day, seven million shares of Valero Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.92-$24.63 after having opened the day at $24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.41. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Geokinetics ( GOK), up 9.3%, Dejour Energy ( DEJ), up 8.9%, WSP Holdings ( WH), up 5.8%, and Ivanhoe Energy ( IVAN), up 5.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Valero Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.