Tempur-Pedic International ( TPX) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Tempur-Pedic International rose 51 cents (2.1%) to $24.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Tempur-Pedic International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.08-$24.72 after having opened the day at $23.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.70. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Virco Manufacturing Corporation ( VIRC), up 4.8%, Spectrum Brands Holdings ( SPB), up 3.9%, Nautilus Group ( NLS), up 3.5%, and LJ International ( JADE), up 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Tempur-Pedic International Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.