People's United Financial ( PBCT) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, People's United Financial rose 6 cents (0.5%) to $11.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.7 million shares of People's United Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.69-$11.92 after having opened the day at $11.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.83. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Central Federal ( CFBK), up 26.6%, Jefferson ( JFBI), up 15.6%, Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), up 15.4%, and Carver Bancorp ( CARV), up 13.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full People's United Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.