Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $1.51 (-1%) to $144.12 on light volume. Throughout the day, 736,030 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $143.98-$145.41 after having opened the day at $144.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $145.63. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Sunshine Heart ( SSH), down 16.4%, Natural Alternatives International ( NAII), down 15%, Cardiome Pharma Corporation ( CRME), down 13.2%, and CombiMatrix Corporation ( CBMX), down 11.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.