ConocoPhillips ( COP) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, ConocoPhillips fell $1.11 (-2%) to $55.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8.9 million shares of ConocoPhillips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $55.19-$56.31 after having opened the day at $56.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.41. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), down 18.4%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 12%, Solazyme ( SZYM), down 10.4%, and Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 10.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full ConocoPhillips Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.