Kansas City Southern ( KSU) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Kansas City Southern rose $1.65 (2.4%) to $70.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Kansas City Southern exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.79-$71.88 after having opened the day at $69.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.27. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Alexander & Baldwin ( ALEX), up 13.4%, Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), up 12.5%, Seanergy Maritime Holdings ( SHIP), up 12.2%, and DryShips ( DRYS), up 8.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Kansas City Southern Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.