CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose 47 cents (1.8%) to $26.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.16-$26.97 after having opened the day at $26.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.33. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Sport Chalet ( SPCHB), up 16.3%, Netflix ( NFLX), up 13.4%, Bluefly ( BFLY), up 11.3%, and Mecox Lane ( MCOX), up 7.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.