Macy's ( M) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Macy's rose 91 cents (2.7%) to $34.27 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 10.2 million shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.33-$34.92 after having opened the day at $33.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.36. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Orchard Supply Hardware ( OSH), up 21.2%, ValueVision Media ( VVTV), up 8%, Ross Stores ( ROST), up 7%, and Kohl's ( KSS), up 6.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.