Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose 28 cents (0.8%) to $35.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 14.7 million shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.93-$36 after having opened the day at $35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.21. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Patriot Coal Corporation ( PCX), up 22.3%, James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 15.6%, Northern Dynasty Minerals ( NAK), up 10.3%, and China Precision Steel ( CPSL), up 9.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.