Willis Group Holdings ( WSH) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Willis Group Holdings rose 52 cents (1.4%) to $37.32 on average volume. Throughout the day, one million shares of Willis Group Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.68-$37.33 after having opened the day at $36.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.80. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Hampton Roads Bankshares ( HMPR), up 27.5%, Firstbank Corp Michigan ( FBMI), up 19.1%, Plumas Bancorp ( PLBC), up 16.1%, and Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 12.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Willis Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.