Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy rose 29 cents (1.5%) to $19.65 on light volume. Throughout the day, 27.1 million shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 36.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $19.23-$20.14 after having opened the day at $19.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.36. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Geokinetics ( GOK), up 30.3%, Patriot Coal Corporation ( PCX), up 22.3%, James River Coal Company ( JRCC), up 15.6%, and Apco Oil and Gas International ( APAGF), up 14.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.