Northern Trust Corporation ( NTRS) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Northern Trust Corporation rose 43 cents (0.9%) to $47.05 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of Northern Trust Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.33-$47.29 after having opened the day at $46.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.62. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Hampton Roads Bankshares ( HMPR), up 27.5%, Firstbank Corp Michigan ( FBMI), up 19.1%, Plumas Bancorp ( PLBC), up 16.1%, and Village Bank and Trust Financial Corporatio ( VBFC), up 12.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Northern Trust Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.