Shire ( SHPGY) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Shire fell $1.16 (-1.3%) to $86.32 on light volume. Throughout the day, 212,410 shares of Shire exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 565,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $86.18-$86.84 after having opened the day at $86.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.48. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Chelsea Therapeutics International ( CHTP), down 40.8%, Tianyin Pharmaceutical ( TPI), down 8.1%, IntelliPharmaCeutics International ( IPCI), down 7.7%, and Amyris ( AMRS), down 7.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Shire Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.