Norfolk Southern Corporation ( NSC) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Norfolk Southern Corporation rose 49 cents (0.7%) to $71.91 on light volume. Throughout the day, 767,030 shares of Norfolk Southern Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $71.32-$71.97 after having opened the day at $71.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.42. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), up 15.6%, Alexander & Baldwin Holdings ( ALEX), up 8.7%, Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), up 5.7%, and Frontline ( FRO), up 5.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Norfolk Southern Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.