Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts rose 27 cents (1.7%) to $16.18 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.6 million shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.88-$16.21 after having opened the day at $15.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.91. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: FirstCity Financial Corporation ( FCFC), up 8.6%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), up 7.8%, Impac Mortgage Holdings ( IMH), up 6%, and HFF ( HF), up 4.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Host Hotels Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.