Royal Bank of Canada ( RY) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Royal Bank of Canada rose $1.22 (2.4%) to $52.79 on average volume. Throughout the day, 682,564 shares of Royal Bank of Canada exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 827,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.83-$52.79 after having opened the day at $52.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.57. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: VelocityShares 3x Long Crude ETN ( UWTI), up 14.3%, Southern Missouri Bancorp ( SMBC), up 10.7%, First United ( FUNC), up 10.6%, and PremierWest Bancorp ( PRWT), up 9.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Royal Bank of Canada Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.