Alcoa ( AA) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Alcoa fell 12 cents (-1.4%) to $8.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 20.4 million shares of Alcoa exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.59-$8.77 after having opened the day at $8.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.75. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: China Natural Resources ( CHNR), down 8.8%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), down 5.9%, Hallador Energy ( HNRG), down 5.3%, and Great Northern Iron Ore ( GNI), down 5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Alcoa Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.