Telefonica Brasil S.A ( VIV) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Telefonica Brasil S.A rose 92 cents (3.7%) to $25.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Telefonica Brasil S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.78-$25.69 after having opened the day at $24.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.74. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), up 15.2%, RIT Technologies ( RITT), up 13.8%, TeleCommunication Systems ( TSYS), up 13%, and Iteris ( ITI), up 11%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Telefonica Brasil S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.