General Growth Properties ( GGP) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, General Growth Properties rose 28 cents (1.6%) to $18.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.8 million shares of General Growth Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.07-$18.41 after having opened the day at $18.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.09. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Kingstone Companies ( KINS), up 17.5%, Plumas Bancorp ( PLBC), up 17.3%, PSB Holdings ( PSBH), up 16%, and Direct Markets Holdings ( MKTS), up 14.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full General Growth Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.