HJ Heinz Company ( HNZ) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, HJ Heinz Company rose 34 cents (0.6%) to $54.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of HJ Heinz Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.22-$54.73 after having opened the day at $54.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.38. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Champion Industries ( CHMP), up 22.2%, Limoneira ( LMNR), up 16.1%, Generac Holdings ( GNRC), up 15%, and China Marine Food Group ( CMFO), up 9.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full HJ Heinz Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.