Demandware®, Inc. (NYSE: DWRE), a leader in on-demand ecommerce, today announced that Smalto, a Couture House for men founded in 1962 in Paris, has chosen the Demandware Commerce platform to power the international expansion strategy of its online store ( www.smalto.com). "International development is one of our company's strategic business goals and Demandware is the ideal partner for expanding our online presence in the different target markets. Its unique model, its international footprint, its expertise of local ecommerce requirements and its network of partners will be a major asset to us as we rapidly expand into new markets," said Thierry Le Guénic, CEO of Smalto. Smalto will leverage Demandware as a central platform for developing and managing multiple sites in various languages. The company plans to tailor its merchandising strategy toward the specific cultural characteristics of each country and conduct targeted marketing campaigns based on behavioral criteria. With Demandware in place, the Smalto ecommerce team can focus on revenue growth and providing the best customer experience for each geography, without having to worry about the technical management of the sites. Smalto selected Demandware’s cloud-based commerce platform because it provides the following capabilities to support its business strategy:
- A proven, world-class operating environment that enables the Smalto team to focus on growing its business rather than managing and supporting costly and cumbersome infrastructure
- A central platform and solutions for developing and managing sites across channels and geographies, enabling a consistent and seamless brand experience regardless of channel (web, mobile, tablet, etc.)
- A flexible and comprehensive set of applications that empower all users, including merchants, marketers, developers and administrators, to support the multichannel initiatives of its digital commerce business
- Pre-built integrations that enable fast and cost-effective deployment of innovative third party technologies
- New functionality made available seamlessly through automatic global releases without the disruption of daily operations and costly upgrades
About SmaltoSmalto is a Couture House for men founded in 1962 in Paris. Smalto designs collections in three different lines - "Francesco Smalto" for bespoke clothing, "Smalto" for semi-bespoke lines and luxury ready-to-wear clothing, and "Smalto by" for high-end ready-to-wear clothing. To date, Smalto has 30 stores around the world and an online store, and its products are distributed through 160 points of sale. About Demandware Demandware (NYSE: DWRE) is a leading provider of software-as-a-service (SaaS) ecommerce solutions that enable companies to easily design, implement and manage their own customized ecommerce sites, including websites, mobile applications and other digital storefronts. Customers use our highly scalable and integrated Demandware Commerce platform to more easily launch and manage multiple ecommerce sites, initiate marketing campaigns more quickly, and improve ecommerce traffic. For more information about Demandware, visit www.demandware.com, call 888-553-9216 or email email@example.com. Demandware is a registered trademark of Demandware, Inc.