Gerdau ( GGB) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 4.1%. By the end of trading, Gerdau rose 85 cents (10.8%) to $8.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8.8 million shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $8.38-$8.81 after having opened the day at $8.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.91. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Kingold Jewelry ( KGJI), up 26.9%, China Precision Steel ( CPSL), up 14.6%, USEC ( USU), up 14.2%, and Hallador Energy ( HNRG), up 13.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.