MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.3%. By the end of trading, MetLife rose $1.36 (4.6%) to $30.86 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.8 million shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.20-$30.87 after having opened the day at $30.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.49. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: ING Groep N.V ( ING), up 10.2%, Citizens ( CIA), up 10.2%, Assured Guaranty ( AGO), up 6.8%, and MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 6.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.