NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- JetBlue Airways Corporation (Nasdaq: JBLU) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Airlines industry. The net income increased by 900.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.00 million to $30.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $292.00 million or 26.40% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.12%.
- JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.28 versus $0.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.55 versus $0.28).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff