Progressive Corporation ( PGR) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Progressive Corporation fell 15 cents (-0.7%) to $20.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.8 million shares of Progressive Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.28-$20.63 after having opened the day at $20.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.77. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Citizens ( CIA), down 4.6%, American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), down 3.4%, CNinsure ( CISG), down 3.2%, and Hallmark Financial Services ( HALL), down 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Progressive Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.