Ametek ( AME) pushed the Industrial Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Industrial Goods loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Ametek fell $1.31 (-2.6%) to $48.04 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 812,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.38-$48.95 after having opened the day at $48.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.35. Other company's within the Industrial Goods sector that declined today were: A123 Systems ( AONE), down 12.9%, China Ming Yang Wind Power Group ( MY), down 12.9%, UQM Technologies ( UQM), down 11.4%, and Highway Holdings ( HIHO), down 11.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ametek Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.