Gilead ( GILD) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Gilead fell $1.21 (-2.4%) to $50.04 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.1 million shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.74-$51.20 after having opened the day at $51.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.25. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Anthera Pharmaceuticals ( ANTH), down 70.7%, Synta Pharmaceuticals ( SNTA), down 33.5%, NeurogesX ( NGSX), down 22.2%, and Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX), down 16.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.