Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings ( LH) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings rose $2.67 (3%) to $92.04 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 768,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $88.64-$92.50 after having opened the day at $89.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.37. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Foundation SunLink Healthcare Affiliates In ( SSY), up 24.2%, Synergetics USA ( SURG), up 22.7%, Orexigen Therapeutics ( OREX), up 19.9%, and Chelsea Therapeutics International ( CHTP), up 12.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Laboratory Corporation of America Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.