Equity Residential ( EQR) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Equity Residential rose $1.03 (1.7%) to $60.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.6 million shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of two million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.96-$60.56 after having opened the day at $59.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.50. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Ohio Legacy Corporation ( OLCB), up 13.5%, CMS Bancorp ( CMSB), up 12.8%, Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), up 10.9%, and Genworth Financial ( GNW), up 10.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Equity Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.