Extra Space Storage ( EXR) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Extra Space Storage fell 20 cents (-0.7%) to $28.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Extra Space Storage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.93-$29.49 after having opened the day at $29.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.19. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Campus Crest Communities ( CCG), down 3.8%, Capital ( CT), down 3.5%, Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), down 2.5%, and Chimera Investment Corporation ( CIM), down 1.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Extra Space Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.