Telefonica ( TEF) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Telefonica rose 12 cents (1%) to $12.15 on light volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11.99-$12.21 after having opened the day at $12.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.03. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Loral Space & Communications ( LORL), up 13.4%, Vonage Holdings Corporation ( VG), up 9.4%, MER Telemanagement Solutions ( MTSL), up 9.3%, and Elephant Talk Communications ( ETAK), up 8.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Telefonica Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.