NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Trans World Entertainment (Nasdaq: TWMC) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 212.50% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.05% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TWMC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- TRANS WORLD ENTMT CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, TRANS WORLD ENTMT CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.06 versus -$0.99 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income increased by 209.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.55 million to $2.80 million.
- Although TWMC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.02 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff