MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, MGIC Investment Corporation fell 8 cents (-3.1%) to $2.51 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.2 million shares of MGIC Investment Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $2.40-$2.65 after having opened the day at $2.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $2.59. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), down 5.9%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), down 5.4%, CNinsure ( CISG), down 3%, and Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), down 2.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MGIC Investment Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.