SLM ( SLM) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, SLM fell 26 cents (-1.8%) to $14.70 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.4 million shares of SLM exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.57-$15.03 after having opened the day at $14.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.97. Other company's within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Penson Worldwide ( PNSN), down 14.8%, Siebert Financial Corporation ( SIEB), down 8.6%, US Global Investors ( GROW), down 7.9%, and CD International ( CDII), down 5.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full SLM Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.